Kids craft: Wooden wall decor

Aug 12, 2012

Here's a fun and easy project for kids to make their own wall art!
Remember these cute little things? Yep - Jenga blocks. I'm pretty much convinced you can make anything out of 'em.

Today I will be sharing with you how to make your own mini wooden wall decor out of Jenga blocks. This is a fun project to do with your kid of any age, and so easy to personalize!

Supplies:
Paint (mine's Martha Stewart Multi-surface high-gloss, and Multi-surface glitter)
Paintbrush
Hot glue gun
Pencil
Small piece of wire

Let's get started...
Start by drawing out your design on your blocks. It can be very intricate or very simple, like mine.

Here's the fun part... paint!
I painted the edges as well to add a little pop of glitter.
Let the paint dry. Now, take your hot glue gun and glue the blocks together. If you are doing this with a child, be sure to do this for them.

Once glued, stick the wire in and secure it with hot glue...

...and Voila! You (or your child) have cute + fun wall art. Wouldn't it look so nice as part of a gallery wall?

xo. Kate

12 comments:

Alessandra said...

cute!!!
xxx Alessandra

Holly @ abakershouse.com said...

How sweet! I like this idea and think it would be a fun project to do with my kids. thanks!

Louisa said...

I don't have a kid, but I totally want to make one anyway!! :)

carlia said...

that's adorable! what a great idea!

Rose Jes said...

That is so cute! I would like to invite you to be a part of an event I'm hosting on my blog , A Rosie Sweet Home, called Autumn Celebrations. Since fall is a crafters dream when it comes to decorating for the season, I will be dedicating the month of October to all thing Fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. I would be so flattered if you would like to be a guest on my blog, You may share any thing you like that pertains to the this wonderful season. If you are interested in participating in this event contact me @ roejoe2@gmal.com for more information or if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Rose
@ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

JJ said...

this looks so fun! I can't wait to make my own.

Lieke said...

Hi Kate, I am a fellow Blog Angel and I love everything DIY! So I just wanted to say hi and I am your new follower!

meet.make.laugh. said...

This looks awesome! Love the idea of using jenga blocks!

Christine said...

So adorable!!! I have to make some with Gabrielle and Emanuelle!!!

Thank you for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

LessonPlans-CraftGossip said...

This is such a cute craft! I think I saw a Jenga game at the Goodwill the other day! If it's still there, I'm going to buy it! Just posted about this craft on Craft Gossip!

http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=6796

Jenn Dice said...

Cute! Super smart to use the Jenga blocks!

Buzzy @ FrugalFancyPants said...

Hi there, I don't even have a clue how I found your blog.. a lot of surfing I guess! But it doesn't matter, because I LOVE your blog AND we both live in the wonderful/terrible (depending on how you feel about sunshine...) state of Arizona!

Have a great day!