4th of July Berry Salsa {4 You With Love}

Jul 1, 2012

Happy July, everyone! I am so thrilled to be visiting here at Kate's A Creative Cookie.  Her blog is so full of amazing craft projects. I especially like her lemon coin purse and her ombre napkin rings.  Of course, her monster mash party was pretty sweet....can I be 5 again?

Anyway, I'm Marilyn and my blog is 4 You With Love.  I have a little bit of everything: recipes, crafts, diy, some "green" ideas and more.  Some of my favorite posts/projects include:
My new woman cave:  my old porch went from a dumping ground to a serene place.

I had a series on making your own dairy products which included making your own yogurt.


I love alcohol ink and made this vase.

And finally, I think it is so fun to sun dye yarn with kool-aid


Today, I'd like to share with you my summer berry salsa recipe.  It is so versatile and the colors scream, "Happy July 4th!"  I hope you like it!

Summer Berry Salsa

Ingredients:
1 dry pint blueberries
1 6 oz container raspberries
1 pound strawberries
1 lime
2-3 Tbsp sweetener (sugar, honey, agave nectar) - optional


Directions:
1.  Rinse all your fruit (even your lime!)
2.  Chop up your strawberries into bite sized pieces (I had 3.5 cups when finished)
3. Slice your raspberries in half to make bite sized pieces and remove any mushy/moldy ones (I had 1.5 cups when finished)
4. Make sure all your blueberries are stem free and remove any mushy/moldy ones (I had 2 cups when finished)

5.  Place all your prepared berries in a large bowl.  Add the zest and juice of one lime.
6.  Add your sweetener (I used turbinado sugar)
7.  Stir your berries/lime/sugar mixture.  Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour for the flavors to blend.  (I refrigerated mine overnight)

8.  See how gorgeous your salsa is once the flavors blend?  Also, by adding the few tablespoons of sugar, you get this nice berry juice.  You can use your salsa in so many ways.
Picture 1:  With lo-cal pita chips
Picture 2:  On top of cottage cheese
Picture 3:  On top of vanilla ice cream

But my favorite is on top of sweet hummus...yum!
Thanks again, Kate, for letting me visit!  Happy Independence Day, everyone!
---
That looks SO good! I must try it on top of vanilla ice cream - yum!
Also, be sure to check out Marilyn's...
Happy Sunday!
xo. Kate