{Guest Post} A Rosie Sweet Home

Apr 2, 2012

Hi All!

I am so happy to have my very first guest blogger!
I will be having guest posting at the beginning and middle of each month. Be sure  to check back frequently to discover some new blogs!

I am so excited to introduce to you Rose from A Rosie Sweet Home!
Rose and I have been emailing each other quite a bit, about free blog headers and guest posting. 
As the kickoff of 2012 guest posting, Rose is going to share her creamy tomato soup!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so excited to share this yummy recipe with you.  First of all I had never liked tomato soup until I had this soup. One day I had a friend over for lunch when I realized I had nothing to feed her.  Oops.  I ran to my pantry to see what I had and as I was looking around I had an idea.  I remembered a recipe I had seen in a Taste Of Home magazine. It was tomato soup made from tomato and cream cheese. So I gave it my best guess and now I have a new favorite lunch.  Served with grilled cheese sandwiches or garlic bread you will love it to.

Here you go:

2 cups milk (to keep it healthy as I can I use skim, but if you like creamy then use whole)
1 can diced tomato (14 oz) undrained 
1 pack cream cheese (I use light, you can use any kind you like)
1 Tbsp dried Basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper to your taste


Blend the tomato, milk, and cream cheese until smooth then transfer to a pot and add the spices, heat it up.

This is so good that nobody will believe it was so quick to make.




While I was taking pictures of the soup I happened to notice this sweet face watching me.




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Rose! I never knew it could be so easy! I love those last two photos - precious.
Be sure to check out Rose's blog and other links too!




Sign up for guest posting here.