Dollar Store Mirror Redo

Apr 18, 2012

Today I can't wait to share with you this simple $1 mirror! This was over at See Vanessa Craft last week, in case you missed it.

I have been in desperate need of a mirror in my closet. I found a cheap mirror from Dollar Tree about a month or two ago, but it was literally falling apart. Creative instincts told me to grab the glue gun and start working!

Materials
Dollar Store mirror ($1)
Ribbon scraps (I had them on hand)
Small beads (beads are optional, but they add a nice touch)
------
Fabric scissors
Tape
Hot glue gun
Needle + thread (for beads, optional)

Total Project Cost: $1 (woo hoo!)

Directions
Wash off your mirror. I had to pull tape and hardened glue off of the frame sides.

Lay out the ribbon. Take your needle and thread your way through your beads. Knot both sides. Lay that out as well.

Starting with the bottom-most ribbon, wrap it around and tape the ends in the back. Continue with each ribbon (and beads)!

Glue all four sides of the frame back on. It may be a tight fit over the ribbon, but it should fit. You can finish with gluing the ribbon on the back, but the tape stayed on just fine for me.

You're done! Could it be any easier?

Notes: 
(1) Grab a hair clip and clip it onto the ribbon. It can give the mirror a new look any time you feel its time for a change!
(2) Even though this mirror can hang on its own, the stand in the photo gives it a nice touch. It's also from Dollar Tree.
linking to:
Visit thecsiproject.com

20 comments:

Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm said...

That is just too darn cute! And I can't believe it started at the Dollar Tree...awesome! You sure had some vision there.

Randee Hallmark said...

OHHHHH my goodness!! I LOVE anything dollar tree!! ;)

Too CUTE!!

Kate @ A Creative Cookie said...

Thanks Randee!!! :)

Rose :: Fine Craft Guild .com said...

very creative. come link it up on our blog party. very well done!

Alderberry Hill said...

This is perfect for a school locker...I will have to make one for my daughter...thanks so much for the inspiration...Happy Thursday!

seniorpal said...

Very nice . I did a small one to see how it looked & put it in my craft room. Thanks for the idea.

Kate @ A Creative Cookie said...

Thanks!!! I'm sure it turned out lovely! :)

Nicole Marie said...

Soo cute - love it!

Tutus & Tea Parties said...

Such a super cute way to jazz up a mirror. We always have tons of ribbon around. I'll have to do this for my daughter.

I'd love for you to link up and share at my weekly Pinterest Party: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/search/label/Link%20Party

Jenny said...

Cute idea! I am your newest follower from the networking blog hop! I would love if you would stop by my blog and if you like what you see follow back :)
Modern Modest Beauty

cheapcraftymama said...

What a fun project, love it! I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at Pin It & Win It Wednesday @ www.cheapcraftymama.com (open now!).

KCoake said...

Very cute!

momto8 said...

wow!! good for you!! now worth way more than $!!!
I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.
you are a creative cookie!

Christine said...

I love it Kate!!!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

Hi Kate! Thanks for featuring us over at Sugar Bee Crafts yesterday! I am so glad I found your blog, new follower! Love the mirror too, it's so cute!

Jessica @ www.prettyprovidence.com

Kate @ A Creative Cookie said...

Hi Jessica! You're so welcome - thanks for following! :)

Maria @ All Things Luxurious said...

Okay, that is adorable! What a fabulous idea! I feel like I have to head over to the Dollar Store now. ;-) Thanks so much for sharing.

lcm @ Those Crafty Sisters said...

Great ideas. I nominated your blog for the Leibster Award! You can check it out on my blog. www.thosecraftysisters.com

Beautiful work!

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon said...

How cute! It really turned out great and I am so thankful that you shared it with us today! Have a wonderful weekend!

Take care,

Trish

Dollar Store Merchandise said...

A dollar store is a creative genius' best friend! Fantastic blog you have:-)

More power to you!